Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cooking Blog

 

Our class decided to grow an herb garden to see what it is like to be able to grow your own food. In the LULS project we did a lot of research on modern day people that grow their own food and take advantage of the resources around them. I think the point of growing our own herbs was to see that in reality it is really not that hard to live sustainably.

 

I made my guacamole, I used the cilantro from our class garden and organic tomatoes. My secret ingredient is: Tapatio(hot sauce)! Harvesting the cilantro was easy I just carefully pick of the little leaves and wrapped them in a wet paper towel.

 



Ingredients:

3 ripe avocados

2 organic tomatoes (chopped)

1 hard boiled egg

½ chopped onion

2 teaspoons of salt

3 tablespoons of cilantro

Tablespoon of Tapatio!

 

*Keep in mind the amount of each ingredient is up to your own personal liking!





My guacamole was really good! The way that I make guacamole is a little different then anyone else because the recipe I use, I got from Costa Rica. If I could go back and do something differently I would probably done a more exciting dish. Doing this whole growing herbs project has changed my opinion a lot on living sustainably. I use to think that I would be the biggest pain to have to grow food and then harvest it, yet after this whole project I had a completely different mind set. I realized how lazy I am, and how unmotivated our generation is.

No comments:

Post a Comment