Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Ishmael #1


  1. Ishmaels two general rules to identify our culture were, first we keep our food under a lock with a key. Second rule is that he believes humans and in “our culture” all are born fundamentally flawed. I do agree with what Ishmael said because, I have noticed that across the world there are still many successful cultures that don’t have food under a lock and key such as Indians, for this reason I agree with Ishmaels theory.
  1. I don’t think that humans are inherently flawed. I think that our culture over the years has become very lazy and that is the reason for all of the flaws today such as, Global Warming. I believe that if everyone tired to help and if we worked together, as a culture we are capable of correcting our mistakes.
  1. The takers are the people that are always wanting to do more work, always trying to take fate into there own hands. The dancers are more laid back, the are happy with what there work and settled with what they earn. This relates to the American culture because Americans never seem to be happy with what they have. They always want more and want the best of everything.

2 comments:

  1. i dis agree with you when you say that we arent fawled, i personally think that everyone and everything is flawed; thats what makes us intresting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you used a real life example in your writing, of Indians, who are still able to succeed without food under lock and key. I also liked how you described the takers as wanting to take fate into their own hands, and trying to bend everything else around them to fit their way of life, which hasn’t worked.

    ReplyDelete